Thursday, October 9, 2008

Homework Day 1

Ok, girls, I have to admit that when I sat down for homework time last night I began completely overwhelmed! WHOA. I have a lot of work to do that is for sure. When it came time for sacrifices I am making I had a tough time thinking of any and then reading the examples from the bible stories Priscilla gave made me think about the incredible faith of those people. Whenever I read the story of Abraham sacrificing his son that he loved so dearly, it literally makes me sick. He was willing to sacrifice what was most dear to him in simple obedience to God.

All I have to say is...man I have some work to do in my own life!

What are your thoughts?

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm guessing that there are many more thought-provoking questions in the workbook. All I know is that the three or four "GPS" questions at the end of each chapter really put me in my place. I've been taking my time and so I've only read two chapters so far but I really just feel like I've been so wrong (? can't think of another way to put it) for so long.

I'll have to try really hard to see if I can't make it on at least a couple of Wednesdays because I'm really interested in the live discussion.

boltefamily said...

That would be great Amanda! You are welcome to drop in ANY time! I think it is going to be an eye opening study for many of us. I did day 2 of the workbook yesterday and I just feel like I am finally studying God's word with structure and it is making a difference in my daily life!

I am with you. I really need to change my mindset. I too have been pretty wrong in my way of thinking!

corinne317 said...

I know what you mean about the sacrifices - really got me thinking. We sometimes have too high an opinion of ourselves - and then I got to day 3, and that's what it was saying!!
See you Wednesday!!